WHO ARE WE
We are a community based social business enterprise and a charity foundation established in Ghana. We are based in northern Ghana and our town is Bolgatanga, located in the upper east region, near the Sahara country of Burkina Faso.
The establishment of Nongre craft and culture came about after the realization that many northern Ghanaian school children after being enrolled in school dropout because their parents are not able to fund for their educational needs. Most of the areas affected are poverty stricken and deprived basket weaving communities in northern Ghana, whose main source of livelihood is farming. They engage in basket weaving during the dry season, which is a source of income generation and a way of keeping a subsistence livelihood.
The overall aim for this NGO is to bring about development and positive social change to the people and the communities where we operate.e.g. Basket weaving communities, etc. We understand that, in the area of human development for rural communities in sub-Sahara Africa, we trust that the focus areas should be placed on education, cultural awareness, climate compensation, social innovation, women and youth empowerment through self-create initiatives, which are all paramount to achieving some of the developmental goals in rural Africa.
Selling of Arts and Crafts from Ghana
Drumming/ Dancing & Cultural Activities
Tourism and Hospitality services
Education and Youth Empowerment
Volunteering work opportunities
Charity and Fund raising activities
Climate change and the Environment
- To sell traditional baskets and crafts from Ghana.
- To bring about economic independence of women and youth after undergoing training.
- To establish a sustainable livelihood for women and youth.
- To Identify,harness and integrate indigenous cultural activities that are of economic benefits to the community.
- To serve as a source of income generation for internal and external affair of the organization
The vision is to bring about development to poor and deprived basket weaving communities in Northern Ghana through:
- social entrepreneurship & innovation.
- selling of arts and crafts
- cultural activities
- tourism and Hospitality service
- education and Youth empowerment
- fund raising activities to implement sustainable projects in the areas of our collaboration.
- To find business partners to trade with
- To build an office space
Long term goals:
- to raise funds to build a school and a library
- to provide affordable and clean toilet system for the communities
- to build a cultural, vocational, recreational and youth empowerment training center as part of our social innovation and self-create programs
- to provide clean and drinkable water for the populace in northern Ghana
- to find cheaper and safe means of energy/power generation for poorer communities in northern Ghana.